I hope readers of this blog are settled into new rhythms after the end of summer and the return to school/daycare and 9-5 jobs (who am I kidding, 8am-7pm) is more like it here!). If you are like me, you were swamped all summer and didn’t have time to think about extra-curricular activities for the fall — for you OR your kids — but now have a moment (if only a moment!), here and there, to have a think.
Sports activities are always great for afterschool or weekends, or even early mornings for those not yet in “real” school. For those of you with toddlers and preschoolers, you were likely very happy to hear with yesterday’s blog, that Playball now as a permanent indoor venue, in Mies, and that they still have spaces. Those of you with older active kids, don’t despair, there are places still available for your kids too! Intersoccer, a well-known and respected grassroots football organisation is still accepting applications for its fall classes and camps. There are many to chose from so if you haven’t yet signed up, you will want to read on below.
For Parents Club Members who sign up between now and 24 September 2013, InterSoccer will provide 10% off enrolments on any of the autumn term courses (tot, mini, after school, weekend soccer) in the Lac Leman region (Geneva, Versoix, Founex, Gland, Morges, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux).
To take advantage of this offer, the discount is based on the book online price, 10% being reimbursed after payment.
If you are not sure which date or venue will suit your family best, Intersoccer is offering free trials (one free trial per course per child), which are available until the book online option closes. This means that not only must you get your Membership Application Form into expatparent in the next two weeks (& pay your fee), but you also must book online with Intersoccer by Wednesday, 25 September 2013. 10% reimbursements will be sent to families on 30 September 2013.
If this offer goes well and generates enrolments, there are possibilities for similar offers for Club Members in the future.
For an idea of what’s on offer for school, here’s a synopsis:
- After School – Fun & competitive coaching sessions for Boys & Girls 5-13 year-olds with plenty of small-sided games to develop skills.
- Mini Soccer – A fantastic introduction to soccer for Boys & Girls aged 3 – 6 with all the basic skills taught in a fun & safe environment.
- Tot Soccer – These courses are fun & the perfect way to introduce pre-school children aged 2-3 to sport & help develop their coordination & movement. A safe & creative environment with 45-minute sessions led by InterSoccer’s experienced & friendly coaches.
- Girls Soccer – Courses for Girls of ALL levels & ages. One day, After School or 4-5-day camps during the summer available where you learn new skills from a variety of top female & male professionals.
- Weekend Soccer – Want to join and play in a Soccer League or take part in a Fun Footy Course? Warm up like the stars & learn about tactics & being part of a team. A great introduction to see what it’s like to be a professional. Different options for different ages and abilities
- School Coaching – A brilliant way of learning new skills & having some fun in a safe & stimulating environment. It’s the perfect way to end a hard day at school for everybody aged 5-18. Our coaches make it easy & come to your school. Courses to be arranged through your school.
- Ped Day Soccer – Why waste the day when the teachers are off when you could be having fun learning new soccer skills with our top coaches. We will be offering one-day courses to children during teacher training & pedagogical days.
- Tournaments – Many children’s soccer tournaments are staged during the year introducing children to a slightly more competitive side of the game. But as with all our InterSoccer camps & courses, the main emphasis here remains on having fun.